Monday, April 5, 2010

Lake Coeur d'Alene--August 2009--A Dream Come True


During my travels on the catastrophe team, I had several occasions to drive cross country. My favorite route was through Montana, heading west toward Idaho and Lake Coeur d'Alene. From my vantage point on the freeway (actually just a glimpse now and then), the lake seemed to glisten in the sun as the vacationers on the various boats played. I wanted to be one of the vacationers. I wanted to play in/on the water. The area was so breathtakingly beautiful, I wanted to experience the pleasure of hiking the trails, enjoying the sun, and relaxing on one of the many beaches for myself.


It didn't seem fair to be a freeway observer when I longed to be a lake participant. The scenery reminded me of childhood family vacations on Lake Shasta and my hope was to someday, take an extended vacation at one of the Coeur d'Alene resorts. That wish is still on my list. But our travels last summer--on our way to Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks--took us to Liberty Lake, Washington to visit cousins. Dawn and Jay Jordan welcomed us to their home and a day adventure on their yacht "Batter Up" on Lake Coeur d'Alene...a dream come true for me. We had a great lunch at one of the lake resorts and enjoyed our time with both Captain Jay and first-mate, Dawn. We never expected such a memorable day--exploring the area from the lake perspective was so much better than anticipated. I wanted to wave to the motorists on the freeway and shout "wish you were here," but...well, that would have been rude. Yet it is important to note, experiencing the lake in a two-story yacht is far more relaxing than from the driver's seat of a company issued, logo-emblazoned vehicle. I can only imagine that the motorists on the freeway that day were longing for their "someday" when they might find themselves on the lake rather than in their car.

Our one-day adventure introduced us to several timeshare resort options on the lake and I can't wait to go back and explore this area further. And just think...the Jordan family repeats this adventure almost every single day in the summer months! Thank you Dawn and Jay...the time with you was such a treat...and a bucket list tick!

No comments:

Post a Comment