Monday, March 29, 2010

My travel friends (internet sites):
sidestep.com, rci.com, vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner), any airline frequent flyer programs that I am a member of, marriott.com--my favorite hotel frequent stay program, but I am a member of many others too, tripadvisor.com.

When I stay at a hotel or fly with a specific airline, I join their mileage program. I try to use the partner of that particular airline or hotel chain whenever possible to try to accumulate the most miles.

How do I keep track of all these programs? An excel spreadsheet. It is particularly important to keep track of ones that expire. For instance some airline program miles expire if not used within a period of time, i.e. 18 months or 2 years. In order to keep these accounts active and the miles from expiring, I may put a rental car (partner) on that account to keep the miles active. Use these programs for YOUR benefit. You can travel more if you get some of your travel free. It is worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment